Prof. Werner Reinartz, Ph.D.
- 2011 Winner of the 2011 Sheth Foundation / Journal of Marketing Award. Nominated by the editorial board of the Journal of Marketing and chosen by previous editors of the Journal of Marketing the award recognizes scholarschip that has made long-term contributions to the discipline of marketing (The impact of Customer Relationship Characteristics on Profitable Lifetime Duration)
- 2009 Winner of AMA Varadarajan Award for Early Career Contributions to Marketing Strategy Research
- 2009 Finalist for the O’Dell Award of the Journal of Marketing Research - for an article published in 2004 that has made the most significant, long-term contribution to marketing theory, methodology, and/or practice Since 2007 Professor of Marketing, University of Cologne
- 2007 Selected into the program „Return of Excellent German Academics from Abroad“ by Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Foundation
- 2005 - 2007 Cora Chaired Professor of Retailing and Management at INSEAD
- 2005 Winner of the Journal of Marketing MSI/H. Paul Root Award for significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of marketing
- 2005 Honorable Mention for the Journal of Marketing MSI/H. Paul Root Award for a significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of
- 2003 Winner of the Journal of Marketing MSI/H. Paul Root Award for a significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of marketing
- 2003 - 2005 Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing at INSEAD
- 2001 Winner of the American Marketing Association Donald R. Lehmann Award for the Best Dissertation-Based Research Paper
- 1999 Winner of the American Marketing Association John A. Howard Doctoral Dissertation Competition, recognizing the top dissertation in the discipline
- 1995 - 1999 Ph. D. in Marketing, University of Houston, U.S.A.
- 1994 - 1997 MBA, Business Administration, Henley Management College, England
- 1986 - 1990 Dipl. Ing. (TU) Agricultural Economics, Munich University of Technology, Germany
- Reinartz, Werner and Peter Saffert (2013), „ Creativity in Advertising: What the Numbers Say“, Harvard Business Review, 91 (6), 106-111.
- Ulaga, Wolfgang und Werner Reinartz (2011), Hybrid Offerings: How Manufacturing Firms Combine Goods and Services Successfully, Journal of Marketing, 75(6), 5-23.
- Kumar, V., Rajkumar Venkatesan, and Werner Reinartz (2008), “Performance Implications of Adopting a Customer-Focused Sales Campaign”, Journal of Marketing, 72 (5), 50-69.
- Reinartz, Werner and Wolfgang Ulaga (2008), „How to Sell Services Profitably“, Harvard Business Review, 86 (5), 90-98.
- Reinartz, Werner, Jacquelyn Thomas, and V. Kumar (2005), “Balancing Acquisition and Retention Resources to Maximize Customer Profitability”, Journal of Marketing, 69 (January), 63-79.
- Reinartz, Werner, Manfred Krafft und Wayne Hoyer (2004), The CRM Process: Its Measurement and Impact on Performance, Journal of Marketing Research, 41 (August), 293-305.
- Chandon, Pierre, Vicki G. Morwitz, and Werner Reinartz (2004), “The Short- and Long-Term Effects of Measuring Intent to Repurchase”, Journal of Consumer Research, 31 (3), 566-572.
- Reinartz, Werner und V. Kumar (2003), The Impact of Customer Relationship Characteristics on Profitable Lifetime Duration, Journal of Marketing, 67 (January), 77-99.
- Reinartz, Werner and V. Kumar (2000), “On the Profitability of Long-Life Customers in a Noncontractual Setting: An Empirical Investigation and Implications for Marketing”