Prof. Dr. André Kaiser
Comparative Political Institutions; Federalism, Decentralization and Multilevel Governance; Party Systems
- Since 2016 elected member of DFG Fachkollegium 111 Sozialwissenschaften
- Since 2016 member of Tenure Commission, University of Cologne
- Since 2014 member of Board, Competence Area II - Social and Economic Behavior at the University of Cologne
- Since 2013 member of Advisory Board, Centre for Elections, Media and Participation at University of Exeter (CEMAP)
- Since 2012 member of „Emerging Fields Initiative“ Advisory Board, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2009 - 2015 Executive Committee, European Consortium for Political Research
- Since 2008 DFG Research Training Group Social Order and Life Chances in Cross-National Comparison
- Since 2007 International Max Planck Research School The Social and Political Constitution of the Economy
- Since 2003 Full Professor, University of Cologne (other job offers: Bamberg, Freiburg)
- 2000 - 2001 Full Professor pro tempore, University of Konstanz
- 2000 Habilitation, University of Mannheim
- 1996 - 2003 Assistant Professor, University of Mannheim (2000 - 2003 on leave)
- 1994 Dr phil, University of Freiburg
- Spies, Dennis C., and André Kaiser. 2014. Does the mode of candidate selection affect the representativeness of parties? Party Politics 20: 576-590.
- Biela, Jan, Annika Hennl, and André Kaiser. 2013. Policy Making in Multilevel Systems. Colchester: ECPR Press.
- Biela, Jan, Annika Hennl, and André Kaiser. 2012. Combining Federalism and Decentralization. Comparative Case Studies on Regional Development Policies in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, and Ireland. Comparative Political Studies 45: 447–476.
- Sauermann, Jan, and André Kaiser. 2010. Taking Others into Account: Self-Interest and Fairness in Majority Decision Making. American Journal of Political Science 54: 667–685.
- Kaiser, André. 2008. Parliamentary Opposition in Westminster Democracies: Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The Journal of Legislative Studies 14: 20–45.
- Fischer, Jörn, André Kaiser, and Ingo Rohlfing. 2006. The Push and Pull of MinisterialResignations in Germany, 1969 – 2005. West European Politics 29: 709–735.
- Franzmann, Simon, and André Kaiser. 2006. Locating Political Parties in Policy Space A Reanalysis of Party Manifesto Data. Party Politics 12: 163–188.
- Kaiser, André. 2002. Mehrheitsdemokratie und Institutionenreform: Verfassungspolitischer Wandel in Australien, Großbritannien, Kanada und Neuseeland im Vergleich. Frankfurt/Main; New York: Campus Verlag.
- Kaiser, André, Matthias Lehnert, Bernhard Miller, and Ulrich Sieberer. 2002. The Democratic Quality of Institutional Regimes: a Conceptual Framework. Political Studies 50: 313–331.
- Kaiser, André. 1997. Types of Democracy. From Classical to New Institutionalism. Journal of Theoretical Politics 9: 419–444.