Prof. Dr. Margarita Protopappa-Sieke
Supply Chain Management; Financial Supply Chain Management; Inventory Optimization; Interface of Operations and Finance
- Since 2012 Assistant Professor at the Department of Supply Chain Management and Management Science Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences University of Cologne, Germany.
- 2011 EBS University for Business and Law Upcoming Scholar of the Year 2010 for academic excellence.
- 2011 Runner’s-up (2nd) best paper award at European Decision Science Institute Conference EDSI.
- 2009 - 2012 Assistant Professor at the Supply Chain Management Institute SMI, EBS University for Business and Law, Wiesbaden, Germany.
- 2005 - 2009 Doctoral student and research assistant at École Polytechnique Fédéral de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- 2003 - 2004 Master in Industrial Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA.
- 1998 - 2003 Greek State Scholarships Foundation Scholarships (every year) for excellence in undergraduate studies
- 1998 - 2003 Technical Chamber of Greece Scholarships (every year) for excellence in undergraduate studies
- 1998 - 2003 Diploma in Production Engineering and Management (Honors), Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece.
- 1998 1st place in Greek National University Entrance Examinations
- H. Olbert, M. Protopappa-Sieke, U.W. Thonemann, Analyzing the Effect of Express Orders on Supply Chain Costs and Delivery Times, Production and Operations Management, 2016, Accepted.
- M. Protopappa-Sieke, M. Sieke, U.W. Thonemann, Optimal Two-Period Inventory Allocation under Multiple Service Level Contracts, European Journal of Operational Research, 2016, Vol. 252, Issue 1, pp. 145-155.
- D. Seifert, R. W. Seifert and M. Protopappa-Sieke, A review of trade credit literature: Opportunities for research in operations, European Journal of Operational Research, 2013, Vol. 231, Issue 2, pp. 245-256.