International Management (CEMS MIM)
If you’re already studying International Management and would like to find out more about specific details of your master programme, you’ll find what you’re looking for on the Master in International Management Programme Structure pages.
The University of Cologne's M.Sc. in International Management and CEMS Master’s is designed to provide you with excellent academic and practical training, together with an international focus for your future career in a global business environment.
In a nutshell
- Standard period of study: 4 semesters, full-time
- Start: Fall term
- Degree title: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Language: English
- Fees: Only social contribution fee (more information here)
- Application deadline: March 31st 2017
The programme's core features
- International course experience
- Intercultural study groups
- Term abroad at one of the top business schools of the CEMS Global Alliance in Management Education
- Consultancy project carried out in collaboration with multinational companies
- Soft skills seminars geared towards developing leadership skills
- Numerous opportunities to meet and network with representatives of globally active companies
- 10 week internship abroad
The University of Cologne – a founding member of the CEMS Alliance – is the only German university to deliver the prestigious CEMS Master’s in International Management degree. In Cologne, we cooperate closely with our corporate partners. If you are interested in international management and in a programme that prepares you for a position in a multinational enterprise, CEMS MIM is the perfect choice for you.
What is the CEMS network?
This network is a global alliance of 30 leading business schools across 5 continents, more than 70 multinational corporations and seven social partners that together offer the CEMS Master’s in International Management (MIM). The University of Cologne’s Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences (the “WiSo Faculty”) is a founding member – and the only German member – of the CEMS alliance.
The CEMS MIM, top-ranked in the Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking, is a pre-experience postgraduate degree. It is open to top-class, internationally minded, multilingual students enrolled in the M.Sc in International Management programme at the WiSo Faculty – one of the CEMS member schools.
- The core and advanced category (54 CPs) comprises the compulsory CEMS Cores and elective modules.
- In the supplementary category (24 CPs), you are free to choose one of six subjects: Accounting, Corporate Development, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain Management or Economics.
- Modules in the specialisation category (27 CPs) feature the CEMS Business Project and Case Studies Course.
- The Master’s thesis (15 CPs) analyses a specific topic or problem and is normally completed during the fourth term.
For more information about the several sections and the courses please have a look at the following webpage.
Some examples of the questions CEMS MIM students look at
- How are multinational companies managed and organised and what types of strategy to they use?
- How can I analyse the economic situation of multinational companies and other global institutions?
- How can I assess future trends in how business is done in the face of ever-changing technology?
- How do I conduct a case study?
- How do I communicate in an intercultural team?
- How can I present my findings in written form and in presentations?
- What do I need to be aware of when practising intercultural management?
- How can I become a responsible manager?
- How can I apply research findings to real-life business issues?
- How can I check and compare the effects of a company’s marketing activities?
- How can I use mathematical methods to determine optimum stock levels for a company?
An opportunity not to be missed!
Learn to apply the latest research and appropriate solutions to questions with practical, real-world relevance on courses at your home and partner universities. Develop an understanding of the role of leadership in different intercultural environments and effective approaches to strengthening ethical behaviour in business.
Reflect on your own conceptions of leadership and relate them to current positions and arguments discussed in academic literature and case studies.
Discuss current topics of relevance to international companies (strategy, organisation, personnel, business ethics, etc.) with CEMS members from all over the world; learn econometric methods and analyse the economic situation of global companies.
If you want to experience international atmosphere in a city which has a lot to offer and provides you with everything you need – you should definitely apply for the CEMS MIM at the University of Cologne!
Admission Requirements and Selection Procedure