Freemovers are students who organise their terms abroad themselves, independent of university exchange programmes. Typically, Freemovers have to pay tuitions fees at their chosen university. Freemovers have the same credit transfer possibilities as students doing exchange terms organised by the university, provided that the host university is classified with the status of "H+" according to the  anabin database. The ZIB WiSo office offers general support for Freemover applicants by issuing certificates and advising on issues regarding registration forms; the coordinators of the STAP programme can also act as contacts with the chosen university abroad.

The ZIB WiSo office, however, does not support Freemover terms at partner universities of the WiSo Faculty.

Freemover applicants can organise their term abroad entirely on their own by downloading the application forms from the homepage of the chosen university abroad and going through the entire application process on their own. Alternatively, various organisations offer fee-based services for the administration of the application process.

Further information about studying abroad as a freemover can be found PDF here.



Office hours: Mondays 2 pm - 4 pm
Phone: +49 (0)221 470-1282
Email:  wiso-freemover(at)