The Buddy Programme of the WiSo Faculty
Each term, the International Relations Centre at the WiSo Faculty (ZIB WiSo) and the PIM and CEMS Student and Alumni Club Cologne e.V. organise a Buddy Programme for guest students from the WiSo Faculty's partner universities. At the beginning of each term, the ZIB WiSo looks for students and doctorates interested in mentoring guest students over the course of the term.
Benefit from the Buddy Programme:
- Meet and exchange with students from all over the world
- Participate in the Welcome Days
- Participate in a number of attractive and international social events
- Develop your language skills
- Demonstrate social commitment during your studies
- Receive first-hand information about partner universities as optimal preparation for an exchange term
Responsibilities of a buddy:
- Contacting the landlord after consultation with the guest student
- Collecting the keys to the flat or organising the hand-over of keys
- Collecting the guest student from the station / airport (Cologne/Bonn) and seeing them to their accommodation
- Providing support in dealing with public authorities (registration office, etc.)
- Where necessary, supporting guest students in other areas at the beginning of their stay
Additional involvement is entirely up to you.
Buddies are assigned on a 'first-come, first-served' basis: the earlier you register, the more likely we can take your preferences into consideration.
Upon request, we will be happy to issue a letter of acknowledgement covering your support, which may turn out to be useful as proof of social commitment for future job applications.
Thank you for being a real 'buddy'!